Wednesday, August 24, 2016

This is Where it Begins

Everyone has one of those nights, whether you want to admit it or not.  Where you make decisions that could make or break your life.  When you choose to follow your heart and let everything else fall into place.  Times like those, twins are created.  I will not spill all the details of how, when, and where the girls were conceived.  Just know that it was filled with absolute love and affection for both my husband and I, and no we were not married yet.
It was the night of our wedding.  Lights were low, music was loud, and friends and family were dancing like there was no tomorrow.  I was completely in love with the man of my dreams and we were sharing kisses and dances whenever we got the chance.  Not a care in the world!  After the reception we all headed out to the local bars to continue celebrating this wonderful, once in a lifetime occasion.  I am talking away with my sister-in-law about life and happiness, when all of the sudden it hits me.  Oh no, I'm late!  Okay, I cannot be that late, let me just check my phone.  5 days, you cannot be serious!  It's obviously the stress of the wedding, so I will just worry about it later.
After a long night of celebration, my husband and I head to the local Hilton Inn and settle down into our massive king bed with blankets so soft it was as if we were floating on clouds.  I could not hold it in any longer, I just had to tell him.  "Babe, I'm 5 days late".  He responds with "You are joking?!".  No, I would definitely not joke about this, and if I did it would not be on the night of our wedding!  We both take a big sigh and think about the possibility that we may become parents in just 9 short months.  My husband looks at me and says, "it's the night of our wedding, I will worry about this tomorrow".
The next day, sure enough, we had a positive pregnancy test.  We took a deep breath, this is it.  This is the end.  Our lives of working all week and partying all weekend had to come to an abrupt stop.  We were going to be parents.  We wanted kids of course, but not right away.  Yep, this was definitely the end of life as we knew it.  Little did we know, this is where it all begins.

2 comments:

  1. Your journey together has certainly been fast paced! You did not have much of an "adjustment" period (that was an accidental pun!). But you love each other and "love never fails" which you have proven to be true. The girls were born and it's been a whirl wind life albeit all the loving & willing support you've had along the way, you have not had a boring moment! Those girls are a blessing. They have even brought people like myself who live 400 miles away much joy & laughter! They are real characters paci's and all!
    Mostly I must commend you both for your perseverance & loving diligence. At your tender ages & new marriage you have been through so much that typically comes later in life after lots of wining & dining, and yet you shine as parents, the girls shine as loved & very cared for sweethearts and all together, (entire extended families included) you make up what is rare these days...true family love. Keep up with the things that matter so much and may you have what people were meant to have at creation...a beautiful life FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the whirlwind of young parenthood! We can relate, and empathize. When all your friends are out at night enjoying their 20s at bars, you'll be enjoying them playing with toys, an watching movies you rented from the library, because it costs a case of diapers to see them in the theater. But before you know it, you'll have blinked, they'll be potty trained, then off to school, then you'll celebrate their 10th birthday and think, what just happened? Meanwhile, you're well into your 30s and realize you're happy you were young parents. You've regained a bit of freedom, and now you're halfway to regaining those evenings of wine tastings and nights out on the town. Enjoy those little munchkins!

    ReplyDelete