Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Embrace the Belly

Pregnancy is beautiful!  Well, until about 6 months.  Then it is miserable, hot, uncomfortable, and just plain hard.  Every morning you wake up and feel like you cannot go another day with this huge belly and inability to sleep at night.  Always hungry but unable to eat large meals because there is simply no room left for your stomach to expand.  Your cute little baby bump turns into a hazardous mass of belly, big enough to take out small children if you aren't careful.  Don't get me wrong, the belly is adorable and so much fun to show off, but miserable nonetheless.
I returned in January of 2014 for my spring semester of school.  My belly had grown a lot over winter break, and as a result everyone was staring in disbelief.  They were probably all wondering why the first baseman from the softball team was pregnant.  I literally busted a huge belly in a matter of 1 month.  I was giant, well at least my belly was.
It was not long before I could no longer fit in the desk at school.  My belly would not fit in between the chair and built in desk.  I had to borrow the chair from the professor and scoot up to the closest desk.  Days were long, nights were even longer.  I was ready to have those babies out of me, and I still had 3 months to go!
By the time March came along, I was able to finish midterms for my last semester, and then I was put on bed rest.  I used this time to mentally prepare myself, eat a little, and take maternity photos.  I was 34 weeks pregnant and measuring bigger than a full-term pregnancy.  This was it, the last few weeks of feeling like a beached whale.  I could see the light at the end of the tunnel!  I was ready for these babies to come, or so I thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment