Friday, August 19, 2016

This is Life.

My eyes slowly crack open, I reach for my phone as I remember sticking it in the window sill before laying down and going to sleep.  Next thing I hear is the "pitter patter" of little feet walking on the hard wood floor.  What time is it?  1 a.m?  Perfect! I have been asleep for a total of 2 hours (if I am lucky).  As I roll over to see what this adorable little toddler could possibly need at 1 o'clock in the morning, she reaches out and grabs my arms to climb into the bed.  How can I say no?  I mean I did carry her in my uterus for 8 months...what's one more night?  Just one thing...which twin do I have?  Ugh who cares I am just hoping to go back to sleep before the other one (whoever that is) comes crawling in the bed once she notices her sister has left her alone in the decked out Minnie Mouse room.  From the stickers on the walls (that have now been ripped to shreds and either eaten by the dog or balled up in little piles of trash), to the adorable toddler beds, it sure does make for an cute setup.  Let's get back to trying to figure out which baby I have.  Damn those matching pj's!  Oh well, I will figure it out later...I pull the blankets over us and cuddle for a whole 30 minutes and here comes baby number 2.  Right on time! I was almost comfortable!  So here I go...curled up on the end of the bed like a dog...hell even the dog has his own bed!  So I pull the extra blanket over myself and smile a little as I look at those two precious little girls taking up my entire part of the bed...and "Daddy" sleeping soundly beside them.  True love!  This is life.

2 comments:

  1. The true joys of parenthood! This reminded me of all the mornings Blake would climb in bed around 5am. You forget about the little joys as the years pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, good times that you will miss when they grow up. Nothing like a snuggle from your precious little children. Oh and that sleep you are missing, you will not remember that as much as you will remember the warm snuggles. Enjoy them! Also sounds like it is time for your family to get a king sized bed :)

    ReplyDelete