Thursday, August 25, 2016

And Then There Were Four


3 a.m., yep, that is when we found out we were going to be parents.  Sitting in our small city apartment just big enough for the two of us.  We were in shock.  Obviously we knew how it happened, but how did this happen to us?  Our emotions were tinkering between excited and scared for our lives.  We were having a baby (or so we thought).
All of our family and friends were so excited that we would be adding a sweet little baby to the family!  We had become excited ourselves and could not wait for the first trip to the doctor.  

Here we go, first ultrasound.  We check in at the VPFW office and there are pregnant women all around me.  I look around and think, if these women can all do it, then I surely can.  We sit in the waiting room, nervous and excited to finally see the little baby inside of me.  I lay down in the chair and the ultrasound tech squirts a large amount of gooey substance all over my stomach.  The anticipation builds as she goes searching for that tiny little gummy bear.  She zooms in, "well there is your little peanut".  A collective "awww" from my husband and I as tears start to well up in my eyes.  She zooms back out and in again, "and there is your other other peanut".  Wait, what?  What do you mean other peanut?  "Yep, you are having twins".  She said it so matter of fact, which I suppose is the only way to say it.  Happy, scared, and unsure tears run down my face.  I'm going to be a mother to two babies.  Oh, boy!  And then there were four.

2 comments: