Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pretty in Pink

Married and pregnant with twins starting my senior year of college.  Well, go big or go home I suppose.  Our doctor at VPFW told my husband and me early on that I would more than likely not go full term and that I would probably be put on bed rest at some point.  Fortunately, I had been a college athlete up until this point so my body was in great condition to handle a twin pregnancy (not to mention my naturally big hips helped a little too).
The first few months were full of stomach sickness, migraines, and hormonal tears every now and again.  My loving husband took me to Jimmy Johns for lunch one Saturday, and we order two sandwiches to sit down and eat.  I took a bite, and tears started to well up in my eyes.  He looks over at me, "What's wrong babe?".  I look up trying to fight back tears, "They put mayonnaise on my sandwich", and the tears began to pour down my face.  He quickly gathered our things and walked me to the car.  We get in and I look at him, completely embarrassed and obviously still upset about the mayo incident.  He says, "don't worry about the sandwich, let's just a take a drive".  Long story short, we ended up at Bass Pro Shop, where we spent the day walking around and eating fudge.  What a great guy, right?
Eventually the sickness and migraines faded away, and for a short period of time I felt like Superwoman.  My days were spent going to class and completing assignments, and my nights were spent waiting tables at Colonial Pizza.  Pregnancy was treating me well, and I was fully enjoying the belly.
It was finally time to find out what we were having!  Boys, boys, boys!  Two boys is what we wanted, or at least one of each.  We go into the doctor's office with anticipation building as we sign in and wait to be called back.  Right away the ultrasound tech asks if we would like to know what we are having.  "Yes!" we said excitedly as we stared at the screen trying to figure it out ourselves.  Two girls?!  We were shocked but happy that we were going to have two healthy girls.  (At this point, all we knew was that the girls were in two separate sacs inside of me, which meant that they were going to be fraternal twins)
I was overly excited that I was going to be able to buy girl clothes, toys, and of course accessories!  My husband, naturally, was feeling down about not having any boys, but now he would not trade these girls for the world.  I slipped on the two little pink bracelets and went to show the family.  It was official, we were about to be up to our eyeballs in pink!




No comments:

Post a Comment